2011 Science Fiction/Action/Suspense Rated PG-13 112 Minutes
|In Theaters||June 10, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||November 22, 2011|
|On DVD||November 22, 2011|
In the summer of 1979, a group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspect that it was not an accident. Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth -- something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and some drug use.
Box office gross: $127.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Monday Morning Mixer: Yippee Ki-yay indeed
- It's September, let's talk about the 2012 Oscar nominations
- 'Twixt' trailer is beguiling, complex and mad?
- A look back at the first half of 2011 at the box office
- Michael Giacchino stole the 'Super 8' spotlight
- Bummer Preview: Upcoming movies no one wants to see