2017 Adventure/Action Rated PG-13
|In Theaters||May 26, 2017|
|On 4K UHD||October 3, 2017|
|On Blu-ray||October 3, 2017|
|On DVD||October 3, 2017|
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escaped from the Devil's Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack. Jack's only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.
Rated PG-13 for sequences of adventure violence, and some suggestive content.
Box office gross: $171.8 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Pirates' sails home to 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 3
- Disney enters the 4K UHD business with 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Monday Mixer: It's a 'Wonder'ful world
- Monday Mixer: 'Logan' unsheathes its claws at the box office
- Monday Mixer: All of the Super Bowl movie ads here
- Our Predictions: The 2017 box office will be ruled by 'VIII'