2016 Fantasy/Adventure/Family Rated PG-13
|In Theaters||November 18, 2016|
|On Blu-ray||March 28, 2017|
|On DVD||March 28, 2017|
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident... were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
Rated PG-13 for some fantasy action violence.
Box office gross: $231.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- The Oscar goes to... er, wait a minute
- 'La La Land' ties record with 14 Oscar nominations
- Monday Mixer: 2016, a year in moving pictures
- Monday Mixer: 'Moana' commands a huge Thanksgiving opening
- Monday Mixer: 'Fantastic Beasts' enjoys a 'Harry Potter' push
- Monday Mixer: New movie trailers rule the day