2002 Science Fiction/Fantasy Rated PG 134 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 16, 2002
Re-release September 20, 2013
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Ten years after the Trade Federation's hostilities against Naboo, Queen Amidala has traded in her crown for a seat on the Galactic Senate. The Senate faces a crucial vote on the creation of an army for the Republic to help curb a growing separatist movement headed by Count Dooku, an ex-Jedi.
An assassination attempt on Padme's life brings Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi back into her life as her protectors. While Anakin stays with Padme, Obi-Wan seeks out the root of the assassination attempt and discovers a massive Clone Army that is being constructed from the DNA of a bounty hunter. Meanwhile, Anakin and Padme discover that their feelings for one another have grown in the last ten years.
Rated PG for sustained sequences of sci-fi action/violence.
Box office gross: $310.6 million. View box office history.
Released by Fox. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Lay off of 'Star Wars,' all sequels are derivative
- Lightsaber evolution is a 'Star Wars' calling card
- The new trilogy will be the best 'Star Wars' films yet
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'The Butler' did indeed do it
- 'Star Wars,' Social Media and Collaborative Effort
- Quentin goes West, er South, in 'Django Unchained' trailer