|In Theaters||October 20, 2006|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 6, 2006|
|On DVD||February 13, 2007|
When betrothed to King Louis XVI, the naive and beautiful, Austrian-born Marie Antoinette enters the opulent French court, which is steeped in conspiracy and scandal. Without guidance, adrift in a dangerous world, the young girl rebels against the isolated atmosphere of Versailles and becomes France's most misunderstood monarch.
Stripped of her riches and finery, imprisoned, and ultimately beheaded by her own subjects, the Queen of France became a toxic symbol for the wanton extravagance of the 18th century monarchy that incited to the French Revolution.
Rated PG-13 for sexual content, partial nudity and innuendo.
Box office gross: $16.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures Classics. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Trailer for director Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere' is here
- Chicago Tribune's list of unappreciated films; send in your choices
- 'The Departed' takes home the biggest prizes of the Oscars
- Kevin Smith picks his top 10 movies of 2006
- Oscar noms 'Dream'y, full of 'Little' surprises
- Casting Couch: Kirsten Dunst going 'Blondie'? ...and more