|In Theaters||November 2, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||May 20, 2008|
|On DVD||March 11, 2008|
From creator Jerry Seinfeld comes “Bee Movie,” a comedy that will change everything you thought you knew about bees. Take a closer look at their world through the eyes of one bee in particular -- Barry B. Benson (Jerry Seinfeld). A recent college graduate, Barry wants more out of life than the inevitable career that awaits him and every other worker in New Hive City -- a job at Honex making honey. Barry jumps at the chance to venture out of the hive, and soon encounters a world beyond his wildest dreams. When Barry inadvertently meets a quirky florist named Vanessa (Renee Zellweger), he breaks one of the cardinal rules of beedom — he talks to her. A friendship soon develops, and Barry gets a guided crash course in the ways of the human race. When he shockingly discovers that anyone can purchase honey right off the grocery store shelf, he realizes that his true calling is to stop this injustice and set the world right by suing the human race for stealing the bees’ precious honey.
Rated PG for mild suggestive humor.
Box office gross: $126.6 million. View box office history.
Released by DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Paramount marries up with Blu-ray again: 37 titles coming next month
- Golden Globe winners announced at press conference-like setting
- No clear cut favorite in Golden Globe nominations
- 12 Animated movies eligible for next year's Oscar (plus our picks)
- The most anticipated movie of the next year is...
- The best movies of 2007 that you don't know about yet