2011 Family/Adventure/Mystery Rated PG
|In Theaters||December 21, 2011|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||March 13, 2012|
|On DVD||March 13, 2012|
Based on the internationally beloved and irrepressible characters created by Hergé, the story follows the unquenchably curious young reporter Tintin (Jamie Bell) and his fiercely loyal dog Snowy as they discover a model ship carrying an explosive secret. Drawn into a centuries-old mystery, Tintin finds himself in the sightlines of Ivan Ivanovitch Sakharine (Daniel Craig), a diabolical villain who believes Tintin has stolen a priceless treasure tied to dastardly pirate named Red Rackham. But with the help of his dog Snowy, the salty, cantankerous Captain Haddock (Andy Serkis) and the bumbling detectives Thompson & Thomson (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost), Tintin will travel half the world, outwitting and outrunning his enemies in a breathless chase to find the final resting place of The Unicorn, a shipwreck that may hold the key to vast fortune . . . and a ancient curse.
Rated PG for adventure action violence, some drunkenness and brief smoking.
Box office gross: $77.6 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Things get big in 'BFG' trailer
- The death of subtlety in film
- Classic Hollywood rules Oscars as 'The Artist', 'Hugo' are big winners
- 'Hugo' scores big with 11 Oscar nominations
- 'The Artist' is top dog at the Golden Globes
- Golden Globes heap nominations on movies that have two-word titles starting with 'The'