2016 Western/Action/Adventure Rated R 98 Minutes
|In Theaters||January 29, 2016|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||April 26, 2016|
|On DVD||April 26, 2016|
Young and pretty with a soul of pure steel, Jane Hammond (Portman) is a good girl married to one of the worst baddies in town. When her husband Bill turns against his own gang, the vicious Bishop Boys, and returns home barely alive with eight bullets in his back, Jane knows it’s time to ditch the dress for a pair of pants and strap on her own gun. As the relentless leader John Bishop gears up for revenge, Jane’s best hope for her family’s survival rests with her old love Dan Frost – a gunslinger whose hatred for Bill is only slightly overshadowed by his love for Jane. Together Jane and Dan spring clever traps, luring Bishop’s men to certain death just as their old feelings for each other resurface amidst the flying bullets. With director Lynne Ramsay (We Need To Talk About Kevin , Morvern Callar) at the helm, the rich dimensions of these characters find their best ally with Jane out in front, taking her fate into her own hands with the kind of bravado legends are made of.
Rated R for violence and some language.
Box office gross: $1.4 million. View box office history.
Released by The Weinstein Company. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Damsel' rescues itself from old western tropes
- Best movies of 2016 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Monday Mixer: Rest in Peace David Bowie
- Monday Mixer: Are theatrical versions of first 'Star Wars' films coming to Blu-ray?
- Best movies of 2015 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- Best movies of 2014 that you don't know about yet: John's list