2006 Drama Rated PG-13 138 Minutes
|In Theaters||October 20, 2006|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 6, 2006|
|On DVD||Not Available|
Written and directed by Academy Award winner Sofia Coppola (2003, Best Writing, Lost In Translation), Marie Antoinette is an electrifying yet intimate re-telling of the turbulent life of history's favorite villainess. Kirsten Dunst portrays the ill-fated child princess who married France's young and indifferent King Louis XVI (Jason Schwartzman). Feeling isolated in a royal court rife with scandal and intrigue, Marie Antoinette defied both royalty and commoner by living like a rock star, which served only to seal her fate.
Rated PG-13 for sexual content, partial nudity and innuendo.
Box office gross: $16.0 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures Classics. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Trailer for director Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere' is here
- Chicago Tribune's list of unappreciated films; send in your choices
- 'The Departed' takes home the biggest prizes of the Oscars
- Kevin Smith picks his top 10 movies of 2006
- Oscar noms 'Dream'y, full of 'Little' surprises
- Casting Couch: Kirsten Dunst going 'Blondie'? ...and more