2005 Drama/Romance Rated PG 127 Minutes
|In Theaters||November 11, 2005|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||January 26, 2010|
|On DVD||February 28, 2006|
Based on Jane Austen's beloved novel, the classic tale of love and values unfolds in the class-conscious England of the late 18th century. The five Bennet sisters -- including strong-willed Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) and young Lydia (Jena Malone) -- have all been raised by their mother (Brenda Blethyn) with one purpose in life; finding a husband. When a wealthy bachelor takes up residence in a nearby mansion, the Bennets are abuzz. Amongst the man's sophisticated circle of friends, surely there will be no shortage of suitors for the Bennet sisters. But when Elizabeth meets up with the handsome and -- it would seem -- snobbish Mr. Darcy, the battle of the sexes is joined.
Rated PG for some mild thematic elements.
Box office gross: $38.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Focus. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Universal debuts spectacular multi-film collections
- Film Funnies #3: Return of the Funny -- and much more
- 'Brokeback Mountain' leads this year's Oscar nominations
- Man in black, 'Brokeback' big winners at Golden Globes
- Our ranked predictions for this year's Oscar nominees
- 'Brokeback Mountain' leads Golden Globe nominations