|In Theaters||September 30, 2005|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||October 9, 2012|
|On DVD||March 21, 2006|
While researching his book In Cold Blood, an account of the murder of a Kansas family, Capote (Philip Seymour Hoffman) develops a close relationship with Perry Smith, one of the killers.
Rated R for some violent images and brief strong language.
Box office gross: $28.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures Classics. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Oscar Watch: Will 'Foxcatcher' turn Oscar heads?
- Monday Morning Mixer: Even More (Less?) 'Expendable'
- 10 Hollywood Stars That Should Be Superstars
- 'Crash' upsets 'Brokeback Mountain' at Oscars
- 'Brokeback Mountain' leads this year's Oscar nominations
- Man in black, 'Brokeback' big winners at Golden Globes