2008 Comedy Rated PG-13 88 Minutes
|In Theaters||June 20, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||September 16, 2008|
|On DVD||September 16, 2008|
In the comedy “The Love Guru,” Pitka (Mike Myers) is an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus. He moves back to the U.S. to seek fame and fortune in the world of self-help and spirituality. His unorthodox methods are put to the test when he must settle a rift between Toronto Maple Leafs star hockey player Darren Roanoke (Romany Malco) and his estranged wife. After the split, Roanoke’s wife starts dating L.A. Kings star Jacques Grande (Justin Timberlake) out of revenge, sending her husband into a major professional skid – to the horror of the teams’ owner Jane Bullard (Jessica Alba) and Coach Cherkov (Verne Troyer). Pitka must return the couple to marital nirvana and get Roanoke back on his game so the team can break the 40-year-old “Bullard Curse” and win the Stanley Cup.
Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual content throughout, language, some comic violence and drug references.
Box office gross: $32.2 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Monday Morning Mixer: The fourth time's not the charm for 'Paranormal Activity'
- When the whole isn't greater than the sum of its parts
- Someone dial 9-1-1, these stars are in need of some medical attention!
- We boldly predict the top 10 movies to come out this year
- 'Hulk' 2003 versus 'Hulk' 2008 -- the winner is...
- Our predictions for 2008's biggest box office movies