2008 Drama/Fantasy Rated PG-13 166 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 25, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||May 5, 2009|
|On DVD||May 5, 2009|
"I was born under unusual circumstances." And so begins "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," adapted from the 1920s story by F. Scott Fitzgerald about a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards: a man, like any of us, who is unable to stop time. We follow his story, set in New Orleans from the end of World War I in 1918, into the 21st century, following his journey that is as unusual as any man's life can be. Directed by David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett with Taraji P. Henson, Tilda Swinton, Jason Flemyng, Elias Koteas and Julia Ormond, "Benjamin Button," is a grand tale of a not-so-ordinary man and the people and places he discovers along the way, the loves he finds, the joys of life and the sadness of death, and what lasts beyond time.
Rated PG-13 for brief war violence, sexual content, language and smoking.
Box office gross: $127.5 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Lost City' is revealed to be a fun ride
- My current odds on favorite to direct 'Star Wars: Episode VII' is...
- New poster for Facebook film 'The Social Network'
- Seven movie finalists up for visual effects Oscar
- MTV Movie Awards markets movies (and gives out a few awards) (Updated)
- 'Twilight' leads nominees at 2009 MTV Movie Awards